Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Boise

So...I've made the decision to move to Boise this fall. I'm pretty much excited. Teeny bit nervous. I'm worried about not having anyone to live with when I get there. I'd of course LOVE to have my own apartment....but let's be serious, that's financially not really possible.

Anyone know someone who's looking?

This is, like, my 4th college now that I'm going to? It's about time I buckle down and just stay in one place long enough to actually graducate....and to actually take the classes....and I'm worried that if I work, then I'll just have a little bit of a freak out and want to just work instead of go to school...It's happened. So....my plan right now is to just go to school, live off of scholarships and student loans, and then figure out the rest later.

Is that even a good idea, though? So far, I have a 3/4 tuition scholarship....which is good...and I think I can get another scholarship to finish it out...and then I still have to worry about books.....and housing....and food....oh, yeah.....and my car....

I remember my first year at school....things were so simple! I walked everywhere, never did much as far as recreation....watched a whole bunch of movies....and, thinking back on it, was quite happy! It was a simple life. Why do I have to like nice things, now? A car....makeup...shopping sprees...can't I just go back?

Maybe that's what this new move will be....again....

But what if I didn't move? What if I chose instead to stay? Am I giving up on an opportunity that is worthwhile? Let's say I stayed....I'd have a place to live--my parents are moving anyway, and have been looking for places with a separate apartment attached, I'd not have to worry about food costs aside from buying stuff that I specifically wanted....I could still go to school....Portland State has open enrollment....of course, I'd miss out on mucho scholarships....but the price of tuition is a lot cheaper, too. Plus, I have a job that is flexible. I could totally go to school in the morning and work at night....or work in the mornings and go to school at night. Part time, fairly okay pay....

But, am I happy here? I don't know. And what would it take to make me happy here? I don't know that, either. Maybe if I did, then I would have a starting place....or maybe just a stopping.

But for now, I'm excited at the prospect of something new....excited to start a new chapter in my life....

haha....again....

1 comments:

MoonyMoMo said...

I found myself having to retrace back to the Jeanette in 7th grade. Apparently everything I experienced after that was bad. haha.. well almost everything.

I'm excited for you though!
Good luck and keep me updated!